Monday, February 9, 2009

Dinner Time

There is definitely a circus like atmosphere around dinner time at my house. I'm sure some, or even most of you have issues getting your children to eat certain foods, but at my house we are literally down to four types of foods....chicken shapes of some kind (dinosaurs and teddy bear shapes are popular right now), pasta (most often just plain), yogurts and pizza (this could be a slice or pizza bagel, though only my daughter is eating the bagel version right now. That's it!!! You would think with those few choices it would be a breeze to feed my 3 kids, but every single dinner time is a train wreck. First, as you can imagine the three of them don't ever feel like eating the same thing. Either two of them want something, while the third wants something different. I don't mention the kids names as the culprits are different each night. It could be two of them eating yogurts, while the other is eating pasta or it could be all 3 eating something different. Even after the meals are figured out, there are issues with who is sitting next to each other, what bottle of water belongs to whom and my personal favorite, which fork or spoon is who's as we have boy and girl cutlery.

Another issue is that the kids must talk to each other during dinner. I don't even listen anymore as I just want them to eat and go to bed. Who knows what a 6, 4 and 20 month old could possibly be talking about, but this united nations of children, all speaking some form or English, just yaps incessantly throughout dinner. I'm sure as a spectator it's incredibly cute, but as the dad it just sucks away a part of your life that you're never getting back.

No comments:

Post a Comment